Thursday, May 7, 2009

Work In Progress



I thought I would do a little series of blogs showing my art as a work in progress. Needless to say this is the first stage with my drawing and taping off. Some artists tape their work to a board...not me. I like to twist and turn it as I work. I hover over my stuff like a mother hen while I'm painting...every so often I remember to take a step back and look at the overall piece.

One of my big problems is time..I'm not very fast, but I get there. I like the composition of this one and I almost always know what I want it to look like when I'm done...sometimes I even manage to have it turn out the way I intended. Watercolours always have that element of surprise for me..sometimes good, sometimes..not.

I love to draw and this is always the easiest part of the process for me. So we'll see how the next phase turns out......shall we?? Wish me luck as they (my artwork) can get away from me. I've never scrapped a painting yet, but there is always a first time!!

No comments:

Post a Comment