Sunday, March 28, 2010

No. 8


Did I ever mention I love horse racing?.........I do.  I worked at a couple tracks when I was younger and fell in love with the horses I groomed.  I always felt it was a privilege to work with them. They were really big and always on the muscle.......they allowed me in their space. 

I'm still very close to the industry....my "other half" works at Woodbine (big racetrack in Toronto) and I go as often as I can.  My  boys occasionally go in to the track as well (they're 15 and 12) and they love to see the horses up close and have developed a real respect for them.

Needless to say over the years I've expressed my affection for them in my art.  This one....I did a few years back(okay...more than a few years).

Thoroughbred racing starts at Woodbine this weekend and I look forward to the inspiration it brings to my heart and my artwork.


3 comments:

  1. great drawing and that's so cool about you! :)

    http://hopechella.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love horses, although I have not been on one since I was a little girl. I just passed an open field of wild ones today on a beautiful Sunday drive and wished I could go riding sometime soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic drawing! I have mixed feelings about horse racing these days, though I still love the horses. It's a tough, tough sport on both the animals and the jockeys (who define the word "athlete", imho). I hope you'll share some more equine art, and take lots of photos this weekend:-)

    ReplyDelete